Finance Department has issued Order, Order No G.O.(Ms)No.126 Dated : 11.4.2007 for Exemption from Payment of Earnest Money Deposit (EMD) in respect of Tenders called for by Government Departments, State Owned Corporations, Boards, etc. In Ref of G.O.Ms. No.387, Finance (BPE) Department, Dated: 03.08.1998.
In reference to the above subject matter the Order Issued by the Government are as below.
You can also download the order copy from the following url tnrd.gov.in/State_Schemes/linkfiles/go_fin_126_07_pg323.pdf
The Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department has requested for issue of orders, exempting the Self Help Groups (SHGs) from paying the Earnest Money Deposit / Security Deposit the cost of Tender Forms and other connected documents citing such concession to Small Scale Industrial units in respect of tenders called for by the State Government Departments / State Owned Public Sector Undertaking etc., and to issue necessary exemption under the TamilNadu Transparency in Tenders Act, 1998, in this regard.
2. As per the provisions of sub – rule (1) of rule 14 of the Tamilnadu Transparency in Tenders Rules, 2000 any category of tenderers can be specifically exempted by the Government from the payment of earnest money deposit. In the Government Order read above, among otherthings exemption has been granted from the Payment of Earnest Money Deposit to the Small Scale Industrial (SSI) Units registered with TamilNadu Small Industries Development Corporation (SIDCO) or National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) in respect of those items for which the Registration Certificate has been obtained in respect of tenders called for by Government Departments, State Owned Public Sector Undertakings, Statutory Boards, Local Bodies and Co-operatives. On the same analogy, under sub – rule (1) of rule (14) of the TamilNadu Transparency in Tenders Rules, 2000 the Government specifically exempt the Self Help Groups (SHGs) who have passed the first as well as second grading conducted by the Project Officer (Mahilir Thittam), District Rural Development Agency from Payment of Earnest Money Deposit (EMD) in tenders called for by the State Government, State Owned Boards and Corporations etc., in respect of products actually manufactured by them or in respect of services actually rendered by them directly. The exemption will be made available for a period of one year and will be reviewed at the end of one year and suitable decision for further extention of the exemption will be considered based on the usefulness of such exemption.
(By order of the Governor )
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
All Small Scale Industrial units needs to take part in government Tenders and need to take advantage of EMD Exemption. Get Online Tenders information from Tender Details
Widest possible publicity through well-circulated national and local newspapers is essential for greater transparency in open tenders. In addition to the existing rules and practices regarding publicity through newspapers, trade journals, the Commission vide their circular no. 98/ORD/1 dt.18.12.2003 has instructed for up loading the Notice Inviting Tender and also tender documents in a down loadable form on the web site. The web site publicity is to be given even in the case of limited tenders.
As per the CVC guideline no. 98/ORD/1 dt.18.12.2003 it is mandatory for all organization to published their tender notice on website along with tender documents.
Tender Detail is premier Tender Information Portal in India. Many bidders and Government Contract use it’s services for their daily need related to tender Information. Apart from this there are many supplier & manufacturer who are visiting tender details for tender Information & Download Tender Documents.
For wider Publicity of Tender Notice, Tender Issuing Authority can also use this website. They can also publish their Tender Document on it.
In the Government or in the Public sector both Central/State psus, Municipal Corporations etc. are called Tender Notices for their daily Purchase & Contracts. Based on goods & services to be procured through this tenders, Tenders are categorized by the following Tender Type
- Goods Tenders
- Services Tenders
- Work Contract Tenders
There are different type of procedure to be adopted for Purchase of goods, services & works. This mainly depend on goods & services type, their frequency of purchase, and other specifications. Different procurement roots adopted in government are as follows
Types of Tender by Tendering Process
Based on accessibility of tenders like Who can Participate in Tenders, Tenders are further classified as
Open Tenders : Any Contractor can Participate in such kind of tenders. It is a kind of Post evaluation method where at the time of Bid Opening his capabilities are check to execute the given works.
Limited Tenders : In such kind of tenders only approved bidders can participate in this tenders. It is a Kind of close Tenders where competition among the pre Qualified bidders.
- Request for Proposal – RFP
- Request for Quotations – RFQ
- Expression of Interest – EOI
- Forward Auctions
- Reverse Auctions
- Supplier / Contractor Empanelment or Vendor Enlistment
- Tender for Rate Contract
All type of Tenders are available on Tender Details. Any types of Tenders published by any tender issuing authority from any where in India are available on Tender Details. Bidders can subscribe Tender Detail services for Government Tenders alerts. It also provides alerts for e Tender Notice
Department of Information Technology, Government of Delhi Issued a guideline for introduction of eProcurement Solution for their tendering procedure.
A complete guidelines & procedure available on following link
As per the above guide following are the basic procedure & steps for the eProcurement system
- Notice inviting Tender (NIT) / Tender documents
- Publication of NIT:
- Registration of contractors
- Digital Certificate :
- Formation of Evaluation committee:
- Payment of cost of Tender documents
- Submission of Bids:
- Payment of Bid Security ( Earnest Money Deposit) :
- Technical bids / Price bids opening:
- Processing of Tenders:
- Payment of performance Guarantee:
- Participation of Bidders at the time of opening of bids:
- Financial Rules for e-procurement:
- Signing of agreement.
All e Tender Notice published by delhi government are available on Tender Details. Interested bidders can generate email alerts for Indian Tenders